Share With Friends
Why you need to Disable laptop keyboard
In case you dropped a drink on the Pc, if your computer is not really damaged, you can disable the laptop keyboard and think about using another, USB or Bluetooth connected to make it work.
Like its predecessors, Windows 10 also doesn’t offer a simple solution to disable the keyboard, but disabling the keyboard in Windows 10 isn’t a difficult task either. You can disable with or without the help of third-party utilities. And if you’re looking for a way to disable a specific key, refer to the Disabling OR disable laptop keyboard in Windows 10.
Solution 1 – disable laptop keyboard using gpedit
Using this method, the laptop keyboard will be permanently disabled. But, before you do, you’ll
need these elements Requirements
- First, connect an external keyboard to the computer.
- Make sure it works or not.
- It’s not entirely safe to change group policies on your device. Before you go on,
- immediately create a system restoration point.
STEP – 1 Turn off a particular strategy
Disabling a particular policy can solve this problem.
- Press the Windows-R keys to access the Runwindow.
- In the Run window, type “gpedit.msc.” Click”OK.”
- When the local group policy editor opens on your PC, expand the
left section as follows Computer Configuration ‘
- When you’ve reached the location, on the right side, look for the “Prevent device installation for one of the device IDs” to change it.
- Then click the right mouse button and click”Edit” to change the policy settings.
- In the “Prevent device installation” window for one of the device IDs, click the “Activated” button as shown on the next capture.
- To save these settings to your computer, click “Apply” and then “OK.”
- Close the “Local Group Strategy Editor” window.
STEP – 2 Uninstall your laptop keyboard driver
Uninstalling your laptop keyboard is the next step in this process.
- At the beginning, you need to click with the right mouse button on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Then you have to click “Device Manager” to access it.
- Then click on the “Keyboards” section.
- You’ll see that there are two pilots.
- One is the external keyboard driver (for this computer, it is called” PiH Device”).
- The second must be the keyboard driver of your laptop (for this device, it is the” PS/2 standard”).
- Click with the right mouse button on the driver of your laptop.
- Then click the “Uninstall” button.
- When you see that a warning message has appeared, click “Uninstall.”
- Close the device manager window.
Restart your device and after restarting, you’ll notice that the built-in is no longer working ( Laptop Keyword Disabled).
Solution 2: disable laptop keyboard via the device manager
step 1 :
- Simultaneously press the Windows X button and select the Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
step 2 :
- In the Device Manager window, scroll down and expand the “Keyboards” section.
- Underneath it, click the right mouse button on the standard PS/2 keyboard and click Uninstall the device.
step 3 :
- Now disabled you keyboard until you restart your computer.
- Once it has restarted, driver will be automatically reinstalled.
To permanently disable it, you need to disable the auto-reinstallation feature of the driver in Windows 10, although this is not recommended because it allows you to automatically update the driver over time.
How to turn off auto-reinstallation in Windows 10
- Simultaneously press the Windows-R keys to open the Run feature.
- Then type sysdm.cpl in the text box and click OK.
- Click on the Material tab.
- Click Device Installation Settings.
- Choose no (your device may not work as expected)
- Click Save changes.
If you choose to reactivate the built-in keyboard, simply choose Yes (recommended) in the screenshot above and restart your PC. The driver will be reinstalled automatically.
Solution 3: Use third-party apps like KeyFreeze
If you want to disable the laptop keyboard temporarily, you need to use third-party apps. These applications are impressive and allow you to do the job you want for free.
Kyefreeze is a simple but useful application; It allows it to be locked. The app’s user interface is simple and straightforward.
It offers simple features with a single big button; If you click the button, the timer starts and within five seconds it will be disabled Not only the keyboard, but also the mouse, could not enter data using these input devices.
To restart it, you just have to press “CTRL-ALT-DEL” and it reactivates.
The app works well with all versions of Windows and offers a seamless work experience.
With this app, you can prevent your laptop from being used involuntarily when your kids are present and working on a project.
Solution 4: How to turn OSK (Visual Keyboard) on or off via the registry
- Hold the Windows button down and tap “R” to make the”Run”dialog box appear.
- Type “regedit” and then tap “Enter.”
Browse to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -SOFTWARE – Microsoft – Windows – CurrentVersion – LogonUI
- Open the “ShowTabletKeyboard” key and set it to”1″to activate it. and to disable it Set it on “0” . If this key doesn’t exist, you can create it.
Solution 5: Use Kidkeylock to protect the keyboard and mouse with a password
Unlike the other tools mentioned in this article, this is advanced software to disable the keyboard and mouse/touchpad. The main feature of Kidkeylock is its ability to protect your keyboard and mouse with a password.
It also allows you to disable only the left, right or center buttons of the mouse. This tool also allows you to disable only certain key combinations.
To completely disable the keyboard, move the cursor to the far right. As you can see from the image, you can also change the default password.
Also read top penetration testing companies