Share With Friends
Fix problems ok google not working fix!
The hands-free operation using the Google Assistant is practical and many users like to use it. But sometimes the voice assistant doesn’t respond. We show what causes this can have and ok google not working fix the problems of understanding the Google Assistant.
# what is google assistant
Voice control is becoming increasingly popular and has meanwhile not only arrived on our smartphones and tablets. In the following, we will introduce you to a smart voice assistant, the Google Assistant.
The Google Assistant is the voice assistant from Google that is used on Android smartphones and tablets and in the Google Home smart speaker. It was first launched in 2016 and replaced Google Now in 2017. Other intelligent voice systems are Siri from Apple and Alexa from Amazon.
# What can the Google voice system do?
The user activates the Google Assistant via voice search to search the Internet for information, organize appointments or start apps without touching their smartphone.
The smart assistant learns with every question and instruction and also knows how to assess your needs better and better over time, so that it presents you with individual recommendations.
Similar to the Amazon Echo, the Google Assistant reacts to audio activity. “Ok Google” gives the signal to start. After that, the helper just waits for commands such as “Play music”, “Open WhatsApp” or “Remind me of my meeting tomorrow at 10 o’clock”.
Similar to Siri, you can now have a conversation with the Google Assistant, whether it’s a joke or the morning weather forecast. You can turn the assistant on or off at any time in the activity settings.
so here are the solution ok google not working fix are
# what to do if ok google not working
The Google Assistant supports the use of the smartphone or is often used to control the smart home.
The service is able to do smaller tasks like reading the weather or entering appointments. Sometimes, however, the Google Assistant does not respond, we show what problems could exist and how to solve them.
# Ok Google only works when the feature is turned on
Understandably, the Google voice assistant should also be switched on so that you can use it.
To check whether this is the case, just press and hold the home button. Either the Google Assistant then appears with the question “Hello! How can I help you? ”On the display or a request to activate the service appears. The following steps are necessary for activation:
- On the activation screen, press the three dots in the top right corner.
- Carry out activation in the settings.
- Turn the slider on Voice Match for “Hey Google”.
- By activating “Unlock with Voice Match”, Google will also react if the display is locked.
# Set up voice recognition again if the Google Assistant is not responding
If you’ve done the above, but the Google Assistant still doesn’t respond to voice commands , you’ll need to set up voice recognition again:
- Select the “Assistant” tab in the settings.
- Scroll down the list that appears and press your smartphone under “Assistant devices”.
- Delete the current model in the “Language model” section.
- Then activate “Access with Voice Match” to speak the voice again.
# Troubleshoot speakers, smart displays, and smart clocks
If “Ok Google” does not work with speakers, smart displays or smart clocks, these steps can help:
- Connect the device and turn it on.
- Make sure the device is connected to the same WiFi network as the mobile device.
- Check that the microphone is activated:
- Speakers (except Google Home), Smart Displays and Smart Clocks : Turn on the microphone switch on the back of the device. If the microphone is switched off, the switch will often glow red or orange.
- Google Home: Press the “Mute” button on the microphone on the back of the Google Home Speaker . The Google Assistant will then speak up and indicate whether the microphone is on or off.