Share With Friends
I use Siri a lot when I’m in my car. It can help me make calls and find places without touching my iPhone. But sometime, I found out that my siri not working while driving. I stood in front of my iPhone and kept shouting “Hey Siri”. Siri wasn’t working. Can you help me fix siri not working in the car?
# What is Siri?
Siri, Apple’s voice activated personal assistant, is one of the most interesting features of iOS devices. Thanks to the constant introduction of updates from Apple, it is constantly improving.
It is interesting for Apple users to find out how far Siri can go in terms of its capabilities. It can make calls, send messages, and access your iOS device’s apps to do whatever you tell it to do. If you just press the Home or Side button or say “Hey Siri”, you can already speak to Siri.
Unfortunately, like any other service, Siri no longer works. That is why we have compiled a list of fixes that you can try to fix any Siri issues you might face while upgrading to iOS 13 or only working on iPhone, iPhone 7, etc.
How to fix siri not working
1. Is Siri available on your device?
First, you should confirm that Siri can be used on your device. For now, Siri on Apple should be available for the following iOS devices –
- iPhone: iPhone 4s and later.
- iPad: iPad 3rd generation and later, all iPad Pros, iPad Air and iPad mini models
- iPod: iPod Touch 5th generation and later.
If you’re using another model of iOS device, such as an iPhone 4, why siri not working and respond. If your device is in this range then go ahead and read the article.
2. Make sure Siri is on
Of course, when you turn on Siri on iPhone, Siri should work. Do not think that this is impossible – sometimes these circumstances just happen.
1. Go to Settings> General> Siri and check your status. If this is deactivated, then switch it on. If this is already switched on then switch it off and on again.
2. If you don’t see the option for Siri Settings, go to Settings> General> Policies and turn on Siri & Dictation.
3. Is your iPhone microphone working well?
Siri won’t speak back could be an iPhone microphone failure. If it doesn’t pick up your voice, Siri won’t answer you either. Confirm this simply by using your microphone to record an audio or a voice recording. If your iPhone microphone can’t detect your voice, try the following steps:
1. Clean your microphone hole with a soft toothbrush or a can of compressed air.
2. Remove the iPhone case if your speech prevents the phone.
4. Make sure your request is clear and precise
We all know Siri doesn’t understand what you said the first time. But as you speak more and more, Siri learns to recognize and understand your voice better. So before you talk to Siri, think about what you want to say.
1. Make sure you are not giving the wrong request.
2. Emphasize it the way Siri understands it – use standard words.
5. Try to reset your iPhone network settings
Siri requires an Internet connection, such as a WiFi or mobile phone contract, in order for it to work. If there is any network connection problem then siri not working .
- Go to Settings> General> Reset and tap Network Settings Reset and try.
If the network settings reset does not work, you can reset all settings on your iPhone by going to Settings => General => Reset => Reset all settings.
6. Update iOS version to the latest
iOS System Update may resolve some unknown Siri issues and you can follow the steps below.
1. Tap Settings> General on your iPhone.
2. Tap Software Update and iPhone will automatically check for updates.
3. Tap Install now if a new version is available.
7. Turn Hey Siri on or off on iPhone
If Hey Siri is not activated on your device or if it is activated but Siri does not understand you, Siri will no longer work. Enable or disable the Hey Siri feature for a rescue.
- Go to Settings> Siri, then tap Hey Siri Allow. Then the iPhone will ask if you can install it by saying Hey Siri a few times so it will recognize your voice.
- If Hey Siri is in the on status then turn Siri off and back on and install it.
8. Turn dictation on / off on your iPhone
Siri cannot recognize your voice due to various problems with your iPhone. Turn the dictation function on or off and make Siri work again.
1. Enables dictation from Settings> General> Locate Keyboard.
2. Just turn it on.
3. If it is already on then turn it off and on again.
9. Make sure the Siri language is correct
If the standard Siri language is different than what you speak, Siri will not pick up your voice.
- Go to Settings> General> Siri> Language on your iPhone and then choose the correct language from the list.
10. Turn off low power saving mode
Hey Siri function does not work and of course Siri does not speak back to you if the low power saving mode is switched on. Turn this off and follow the steps and then Siri will speak again.
- Go to Settings> Battery and then click the Status of Low Power Saving Mode. If this is switched on then switch it off.
11. Force reset iPhone to fix Siri not working
And according to our experience, restarting the device solves many difficulties. And a forced restart will help more.
- For iPhone before iPhone 7: Hold the power button and the home button at the same time for at least ten seconds until the device restarts.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold both the power button and the volume button for at least ten seconds until the device restarts.
- For iPhone 8/8 Plus / X, quickly press the volume up button and the volume down button and then hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
12. Repair Siri Difficulties with Third Party Tool
Siri trouble may be caused due to iOS trouble on your iPhone. You can use iMyFone iOS System Recovery to fix the problem. As an iOS problem solving professional, this tool can do more than you can imagine. It can solve iOS problems without data loss.
If these quick fixes didn’t work for Siri, go to an Apple Store and have your device checked.
There may be an underlying problem that needs to be fixed by a professional. Aside from the siri not working issue, Technology pin iOS System Recovery can also fix issues like black and white screen, DFU mode, and devices stuck in recovery mode. Leave the software installed on your computer. You will never know when you might need it again!